Poster and program contest Information-
Dear Footloose Cast and Parents ~
We are excited to announce our annual “Advertisement Sell-Off” contest for Footloose!
Program advertisement (ad) sales are critical to our musical funding. Not only will this help us bolster more program ad sales from local businesses in a more timely fashion than in previous years, this is a fun, team-building experience for the students.
Here are the details:
• Student will group themselves into teams of three or four
• Teams will go out into the community (at their leisure during non-school hours) from now until the contest deadline- January 16th- to solicit program ad sales from local businesses, as well as promote the musical in general
• Rather than give students pre-arranged lists of businesses to visit, students can decide on their own whom to solicit.
• We only ask that once a local business has been solicited, a Footloose poster or flyer is displayed at the business (if approved) to reduce the likelihood of businesses approached by multiple teams.
• Teams will be provided all the necessary information on the ad sales (sizes & costs, letter to give to patrons asking for support) as well as payment processing/options
• Contest will run from Friday, December 14th to Wednesday, January 16th
• 1st place team members each receive a free Footloose hoodie or similar item (non-personalized)
• 2nd place team members each receive one complimentary adult ticket to a show
• For those students/cast members who do not drive yet or still having driving restrictions, we kindly ask for parent support to carpool/drive them around to local businesses.
• Parents and remember if you have family or friends with a local business that may be interested in purchasing a program ad, please let your son/daughter know to help their team win the contest!
We cannot stress the importance of program ad sales and engaging the community in the excitement of the musical, especially with Footloose being a district debut!
Forms you will need